Saturday, February 18, 2006

Three cheers for a three-day weekend

A page from my life for no apparent reason:

Got myself a new haircut and since I was in the neighborhood, trolled around Kinokuniya bookstore. Ended up wandering into the Union Square Greenmarket. They had some nice apples, so got a couple of those. It was cold and they had hot cider, so got a cup of that. It was one of the awesomest things I'd tasted in the past couple months. Ended up buying some onions and potatoes also.

Saw Nightwatch last night and liked it a lot. I loved how they made the subtitles work with the movie. For one thing, it gave the subtitle a less passive role, which is a awesome. At the same time, compared with the heavy use of a steadycam and the fact that the editing jumped around a lot it made it a lot like watching a moving comic book.

I love MoMA. They have a Munch exhibit going on. I hope it's not a separate for pay exhibit because I'm going to see if that Free Friday thing works. Their film exhibit will also be showing "Who are you Polly Magoo?" and "The King and the Mockingbird." Will I be going to these things alone? Why of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home