Sunday, April 08, 2007

I'm a junky friend

So I managed to let Helen's birthday pass and feeling like a total dickwad I wanted to make up for that by making her dinner. What she didn't know was that I was also building her a cake.

Helen like polka dots, so I decided this cake would have polka dots. She also likes camo (and I make fun of her for that), but there was no way I was going to whip up a camo cake on a Thursday night. Maybe next year.

After dinner I told Helen I had made dessert as well and brought out the cake.



UGLIEST. CAKE. EVER.

I keep telling myself that's what I was going for. And yes, the cake does indeed say "Happy Belated -_-; Birthday Helen." Yes, there's an emoticon in there.

Anyhow it was plain vanilla icing with polka dot frosting and lettering. So you think, "Cool, so did you go with chocolate or something for the cake itself?"

Well, cut open the cake.



OMG FUNFETTI!!

That's right, I've continued with the polka dot theme on the inside too. If I do build Helen another cake next year I might create balls of cake or fudge to insert in the cake and make it really look like ginormous polka dots. Either that, or I have to kind of start planning now on how to create a camo cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home