Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Gone knitting

The last two entries were too wordy. Here's a (finally) a new drawing.



I've seen some new scarves around, but I can't justify buying one since I know how to knit one. I alread have a pretty long scarf, but I'd like something wide and long. I've been contemplating knitting up one of these bad boys:



A Dr. Who scarf is a huge investment in time (and yarn), and there's several incarnations too. So I'm going through patterns right now thinking what I'm going to do about that.

Besides, I'm already working on this vest (back is done, starting on front), and I've still got my gloves. On top of that Knitty has some other future projects I want to tackle like this, this, and maybe this?

More importantly, I'm currently enamored with the knitted minidress that Charlotte Gainsbourg is wearing in the scene where Stephane is having the party in the pub in "The Science of Sleep." It looks like it would be simple enough to maybe tweak the pattern of a turtle-neck, cable-patterned sweater, but if an actual pattern for something like it exists I'd rather find that...

Update-but-don't-want-to-make-new-post: Found an MP3 for "Chanson Des Chats" at The Fabulist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home