Saturday, March 03, 2007

Once again, I read too much Gawker

So on Friday I was found myself around Houston and Lafayette waiting for someone. As I stood there waiting, a gentleman in one of those highly popular, crazy-patterened hoodies with tight gray jeans walked past me excitedly yakking into his cellphone.

I thought to myself, "Wow, that looks a lot like The Other Guy from the MisShapes."

But because of his bright pink coif I decided, "Nah, it couldn't be. That would ruin the whole MisShapes' aesthetic..."

First of all, WTF? Why do I even care? How the hell did I become so goddamned aware of this that I'm actually having internal conversations with myself about the 'MisShapes' aesthetic'??"

I fucking blame Gawker. I'm serious. Dammit, what has become of me?

So I go to check out another exciting installment of Blue States Lose, and guess the fuck what? He does have pink hair now.

I don't know what I'm more gobsmacked about. The fact that I actually saw a MisShape in the wild or the horrifying fact that I can now pick them out even when they go and decide to change their look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home