Saturday, November 18, 2006

More Korean Photoshop wackiness

The next (maybe final?) installation of the travelogue is coming up. But for now, here's some more Photoshop work that has made me laugh my ass off.

Those of you out there wondering how anyone can find anything funny in a mass demonstration that gets this fucked up, let me just say demonstrations like this aren't necessarily uncommon in Korea. Not that there's one every week or something, but Koreans don't play when it comes to demonstrations. I remember one time in the 90s when the Buddhist priests couldn't agree to who would be the head Buddhist council guy in Korea at the time. You want to talk about fighting in the streets? That was crazy news footage right there seeing all those monks trying to beat the crap out of each other at their own rally/demonstrations. One comedian doing a fake newsbroadcast type thing at the time joked that "People were excited as it had been a while since they'd seen authentic Shaolin-style fighting for free."

Hell, I lived there during the late 80s and early 90s when it seemed like there was one almost every week. You know what's awesome? Going to pre-school on a military base that just happened to be near a college. And depending on where you lived, there was that danger of being downwind of some tear gassin' while you were playing outside. I am not kidding when I say that as a little kid me and my friends would be doing our thing and playing outside the apartment complex and we'd start coughing or our throats would feel peppery and one of us would look at the others and go "Man, they must be demonstrating somewhere," and the rest of going "Yea, I know. My eyes are kind of watering."

Anyhow, the following I found via Humoruniv, who got it via DCinside's Fantasy Gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home