Sunday, June 17, 2007

Does anybody do pencil and paper RPGs?

I don't know many people who play tabletops anymore and I've been trying to be a Johnny Appleseed for this idea in a way. Some people might already be doing it, but I'm hoping someone plugs in Max Brooks, The Zombie Survival Guide, World War Z and RPGs into Google or something and comes across this and decides to try it out. And if you do, get in touch with me and let me know how it goes. Or if you're in the area, let me play.

Anyhow, the idea came to me that the combination of the The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z would make for an excellent role-playing sourcebook. You already have all the equipment, enemy and even location type of technical information in the Survival Guide, then you have a plethora of characters and campaign ideas in World War Z. Some might not make for superbly awesome camapaigns and would need a great game master to make it a bit more interesting(for example, the Chinese submarine one would be a bit tedious), but episodes, like obviously, the Battle of Yonkers or the French fighting in the Paris catacombs would be pretty sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home