Friday, August 31, 2007

Oddly enough I got the urge to find the opening for Jem

And found this.

Le Tigre and Jem. Two great tastes that taste great together?



Honestly though, we do need to revisit the opening for Jem. How can you not love that song? It used to put shivers down my spine when Jem would sing "Jem is my name, no one else is the same, Jem is my name." Loved it. I think I loved this serious based almost 95% on the opening and theme song. That was actually some top-notch animation. Very smooth, lots of frames, almost looks motion captured in some parts. It totally did not get you ready for the shiteous animation quality of the rest of the cartoon itself.

If you don't believe me. Watch this...



...then look at this song from the show. Horrible transitions, ultra-posed and stiff motion, uninspired representations and awkward pacing that only syncs with the sugar-loaded cereal contaminated brain of an 8 year old.



You know, it used to drive me nuts because the theme song would sometimes feature The Misfits, then sometimes not. I mean just look at this. Oh what are you singing about? Oh how nice, straight from the heart? Hmm, sounds like some super weak tea version of ska-influenced New Wave...Yea, show some kid drawing flowers for his mom, or some lady looking for a seat on the bus. Yea, you go ahead and do that...



...I'm just gonna go over and watch The Misfits rock out the fuck out over here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home