Friday, August 31, 2007

I am not looking forward to tomorrow

So...I'm going clothes shopping tomorrow. I have all kinds of issues with this. I won't go into all of them, but the main thing being I just don't enjoy clothes shopping to begin with. However, tomorrow is going to be an all-day marathon. Almost a "What Not to Wear" style of hitting several stores and trying on mounds of things...just without their budget.

I haven't really been buying clothes in the traditional sense. On top of that, it's time for a change. I've done the short bob haircut last summer, and I realized, well, I just need to start dressing a bit more proper. I'm getting a bit long in the tooth. Not that I'm dressing like a 13-year-old right now, but I can stand to look a bit more polished I suppose. I don't mean all Jackie O. in Chanel suits, but I just mean that I need to get over my fear of clothes. I feel like I'm not very comfortable nor do I have much of a sense of style. And I actually am someone who likes dressing up. Every now and then I'll put in the effort and throw together an outfit, but just every day? Not so much.

I'm telling myself now that I will not be cowed or intimidated by mannequins, the bodies of other women or how the clothes look on me. There *is* something that will look good on me and by Jove I will find it. I won't give up after rooting around an hour or two because "I'm getting a headache" or "I can't find anything anyway." Also, I'm not going to get a second mortgage shopping, but for once, I'm going to try and not worry so goddamn much about the price. Some things are investments. I have some items in my close that I've paid more than I thought I should or would, but what are the things that I still wear now and look good and what are languishing in the drawers not seeing the light of day? So me? You can do this. Trust in yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home