Sunday, June 08, 2008

Too hot. Can't sleep.

Underboob sweat is my nemesis. Not to mention that there's a mouse slowly nibbling away at a wall somewhere in my apartment that's driving me nuts with the sound.

Anyhow, I'm moving. Er, trying to move at least. I don't know why I didn't move last year. Wait, I know, I was broke. Well, I was initially sad about the prospect of moving from the Heights because I really do like the area I live in, at the same time, my decision to try and move out is making more and more sense.

So to feel better about moving from a neighborhood I actually enjoy and have come to love and call home, here's a list of adorable "quirks" about my apartment that won't make me miss it:

1. Mice. Effin' mice. Then again, it's New York, and it's not that surprising I suppose. The last apartment was the worse. It was a very old rickety building so there were tons of mice. Here, I haven't really had a huge mice problem with, just sporadic incidents. Though there were some harrowing times. I'm just sick and tired of them. Thankfully, future roommate comes packaged with a stepkitty.

2. No water (IN THE SUMMER). What do I mean by this? Well, when the mercury starts climbing the fire hydrants start going off. "Oh, how so New York," you might coo, but guess what. The water pressure already sucks in my apartment, so whenever someone decides to fire off a hydrant to cool off guess who is practically squeezing water out of there faucet? Let me help you out. It's the same person writing up this blog entry.

3. Awkward. My place is just...awkward. Awkward layout, awkward materials. For example, my non-closet closet. The really short and narrow bathroom. Also, this is the second apartment I've been in that has had the showerhead in a weird place. It's not up against the wall along the short part of the tub so you'd have the whole length for the water, but it's against the wall that's against the long side of the tub. It's just weird. Also I'm supremely annoyed my bedroom window is against the fire escape. It's just mad creepy. The partitioning of the entire place is just awkward. Though I like one awkward part of my apartment. When you open the door it literally opens right into the bathroom. The bathroom's between the bedroom and the living room/kitchen area so there's a little 4"x5" "hallway". One side's the bathroom, the other's the door. It's weird trying to come into the house with more than one person, but let me just say that when you have to pee really bad, it's awesome.

Overall, it wasn't a terrible place to live, but I'm kind of getting tired of it's shit I suppose. There's probably some other things I'm just not remembering at the moment, but the water thing really ticked me off today because I was thinking, "WTF, the hottest day...oh, wait. It's hot, that's why there's no water."

On top of that I'm being attacked by mosquitoes. Dammit. Anyhow, I'm trying to get started with my packing. Just so that once everything's settled I'm not up all night packing my shit in a huge panic.

I'm still sweating. I could kill for another Paloma or Pisco Sour right about now.

I'm gonna be in New Orleans in July. I know, hot hot hot. Oh, dear. On a mildly related note, I'm still trying to see what this year's vacation trip is going to be if I even do go. The "cheap" option would be to visit my cousin up in Canada, the expensive route is to go volunteer with Hard Working Class Heroes in Dublin. We'll figure this out later. I also still need to make it down to DC to check out the Newseum. I'll try to do it sooner than later.

Besides the heat I've had a cough that's been bothering me for...about a week and a half now. Someone told me I should check in with a doctor and my reaction was "A doctor for a cough? I feel fine it's just a cough." However, then someone else informed me, "Yea, you usually feel fine, up until you feel worse and die." Which is true. Either way, I'm coughing a bit less frequently and with less force so I'm going to give it another week until I diagnose myself with consumption and die wasting away a most lady-like and romantic death.

And to close, a random observation. Even with the pedostache he's been sporting lately, Rivers Cuomo is still adorable. How does he do it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home