Thursday, October 19, 2006

I was made to sing last night

So, after pigging out on great Italian with a friend as part of my welcome back ritual, we walked up to Union Square to sit and let the food settle and digest.

"Are there people there at this time?" my friend asked, who was still getting used to the city.

"...are you kidding me? There's always people there," I responded.

Anyhow as we sat there watching people on skateboards and their BMX bikes, we noticed a two people with a guitar. They eventually came over and sat next to us. After a couple of minutes the girl came over and asked "Do either of you know a lot about music?"

My friend instantly pointed to me and said, "She does."

I looked at her with a "What the hell, dude?" look on my face.

The girl looked at me and said, "Oh great, could you help us out? Do you know what this song is?"

The guy came over and played a few bars and I said, "Oh yea, that's 'More than Words.'"

The girl was very happy about this and asked me who sang it and I said Extreme.

"Do you know how the words go? Could you sing it with us?"

Me: "..."

So ok, I don't know how it happened but I ended up fumbling along through the song and singing it.

"You know this song too!" I accused my friend later on who admitted it was on her iPod recently.

"Yea, but I don't remember stuff like lyrics and who sings it like you do. Besides it was on random."

I have no punchline for this story except that I sang in Union Square Park around midnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home