Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I am sore and fucking cranky

or "Not the way to start a New Year after all my fancy talk of being better, but really, fuck it"

Sore because of partying hard on New Year's? Well, I did party hard in the sense that I went to see Les Savy Fav (post on that to come). However, much of this soreness is a recent issue, since last night, my chair from Ikea tried to kill me.

It had been holding up OK since I first bought it about a year and a half ago, but for weeks now bolts and nuts and shit have been falling out of it. I'd replace them here and there, but obviously, the thing was not meant for this world long. Last night while relaxing before having to go to bed to get ready for what would be a hectic work week, I leaned back in my chair. One second I was stretching luxuriously and the next I was a confusing jumble of frightening sounds and sights, and then I found myself on my back on the floor. The back had broken off. I'm still not sure how or why this happened since I didn't check the back too closely to see what kind of damage had been done, but I'm sure it's another case of a loose screw. I had luckily landed more on my back rather than thudding my head against the floor, and I also narrowly missed impaling myself in an attaching section of the back of the chair. I ring in the new year with danger!

Also, passive aggresive note to my neighbors: I don't know about you, but with the stress of things I was expected to do this week and all that, I had a very fretful 3 hours of sleep last night. I found myself barely falling asleep only to be woken up abruptly but the tiniest sound. The last hour of my sleep I spent in a weird half sleep half awake state. So, what I want to know is, who was the asshole that decided he just NEEDED to get on the roof at 5 am, then again thirty minutes later, setting off the roof alarm. You know, I'm not going to unfairly blame my neighbors, it could've been some asshole who got into the building, but seriously, I don't know if you were a crackhead or a potential thief wanting to shimmy down the fire escape, but some people have to go back to work.

Also, to the lady who had her kids out in the hall just fucking whining and whining this morning: Yea, I know it was 8:30 am and I don't know, maybe you were thinking, "Hey, if people aren't awake already, they should be since they should be going to work." Yea, fuck you. I was waking up yes, but as much as I enjoy waking up to an alarm that I developed a Pavlovian cringe and cold sweat response to, surprisingly having your kids fucking whining right outside my door really comes nowhere near in the top five ways for me to wake up. And you just let them whine and whine for at least 15 minutes. Were you taking them to school or to the bus stop? Then what the fuck were they doing out in the hallways wandering around whining and shit? Did you just throw them outside the door and ask them to wait for you while you gave yourself 15 minutes of peace or something? Yea, I heard you lean out the door and tell them to be quiet or some shit. Really? That's what you'd rather do? That's like hitting the snooze button on your alarm 4-5 times. You just feel like you keep waking up to an eternal nightmare that just happens to be your damn kids. Is this what was happening in your brain?

"*whiiiiinnneee*"
[opens door] "Quiet down. Maybe if I close this door on you one more time, you little mistakes would go away."[closes door]
"*whiiiiinnnnne*"
[opens door] "Fuck, they're still here."

Because you know, you could've just, I don't know, taken them to the bus already or something and you could've come home to a quiet house sooner rather than later. You obviously don't want to deal with your whiny ass kids, why do you think the whole floor wants to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home