Thursday, June 12, 2008

My subconscious decides to give me a birthday gift

My birthday came and went. I didn't really do anything about it because a) I was at the office until 9:30 and b) well, I was at the office until 9:30. If I don't feel so lazy on the weekend maybe I'll do something, but quite honestly the whole b-day momentum has lost its hoopla. Also, I haven't really had/done birthday parties since I was like 12 so I feel weird trying to plan something out and get people together to hang out and whatever in birthday-related situations.

So I guess my brain decides I need to have a weird insane dream about what I'd like to do in lieu of actually getting to go out and do something on my birthday. Even weirder is you can totally tell what's been on my brain or what I've been reading or paying attention to the past couple of days from this dream.

In my dream I'm hanging out with a friend (I can't remember if it was a specific friend from real life or just a stand-in my brain created. I feel like it was someone I know and it was touching on a conversation I had with someone recently, but anyway...) who introduced me to two of her friends. And they ask me what I'd like to do and have fun doing. So over the course of convo I find out their really into food and stuff and we start talking about reservation policies and we head on down to a Jean-Georges Vongrichten restaurant ("Ha, you know you gotta give them your credit card number and if you don't show up for your table they make you pay for it?"). Yea, I know.

So we're chowin' down and the chef decides to let us try some specials on the house and we're having a good time talking about the menu items asking questions and stuff. So afterwards we decide to go to the museum/gallery to check out some artwork and it's like all my favorite artist up in that piece. So we're browsing and stuff when all of the sudden fuckin' Gary Busey comes into the store and me and my group are looking over in his direction all "No way! That's Gary Busey!" and dream me totally had met Gary Busey before and we'd chilled and stuff but I wasn't sure if he'd remember me so I didn't want to bring it up to my friends that I once hung out with Gary Busey, but was thinking how cool would it be if he recognized me, then my friend and my new friends would think I was so awesome. At that moment Gary Busey looks at me and says, "Hey! Long time no see!" And comes over and we start chatting and I can totally tell by the looks on my friends' faces that now they think I'm absolutely the shit.

So Gary has this dude with him and calls him over and introduces us and Gary's all, "Guys, I'd like you to meet...Yves Saint Laurent." Dream me is all "NO FUCKING WAY!" and Yves Saint Laurent is all "YES WAY!"

So he and I start walking around the museum and we talk about French literature. He likes talking about Proust, but I'm interested to hear about his childhood in Algeria. And I ask how what he's doing at the gallery that day, and Yves Saint Laurent was talking about how he likes to get inspired from artwork and I was all "Yea, dude. Like I really like Mondrian's flowers." And then I feel really dumb because I remember he did a bunch of dresses based on those Mondrian rectangles? But like Yves Saint Laurent in the dream wasn't a douche by sniffily pointing that out, he actually seemed delighted I liked Mondrian's flowers.

Right then the gallery owner/museum curator guy came out and was all, "Monsieur, do we have a treat for you today!" in such an excited way like he was about to pee his pants and pulled out this humongoid Mondrian piece. And dream Yves Saint Laurent put his hand to his mouth and gasped and right then Gary Busey came up behind us put his arms on our shoulders, hugged us close and said, "Saint Laurent, man...I'm gonna BUY you that kooky ass painting!"

AND HE DID.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home