Monday, August 13, 2007

I know you got my back, son

I missed out on free Les Savy Fav, but was excited to find out they were playing a gig in Williamsburg and another at the Bowery Ballroom, but then my face fell when I realized this coincided with my London trip. I cheered up a little bit when I realized there was a chance I could make it to the Bowery Ballroom show, but not without a price. I was relaying this fact to my friend and professional Les Savy Fav enthusiast, Kelly.

Me: Man, I mean, my flight is supposed to be back by 3 or 4 ish, which means I'd have to haul ass all the way home from JFK, drop my shit off, get ready, then haul my ass all the way back down to the Lower East Side. Not undoable, but I'm debating whether or not I should buy the tickets now or then. On one hand, I don't want to jump the gun, buy a ticket, then heaven forbid, have my flight back home be held up or something, but on the other hand I don't want the show to sell out between now and then and me not have any chance of going at all...

Kelly:...I bought your ticket already. I got two, one of those is yours.

Somehow it had become a Les Savy Fav-tatorship. My attendance had already been decided upon. That is going to be a crazy Saturday with hopefully lot of Tim Harrington belly. Good thing I'm coming back home on a Saturday so I can pass out all of Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home