Saturday, June 14, 2008

Another musical walk down memory lane

Listening to "Tarzan Boy" made me reminesce about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III.

But I didn't stop there.

Now, for the songs that reminds me of being a kid in Korea during the late 80s-mid 90s. This also is the song that reminds me that Koreans had/have some fuckin' cornyass musical tastes when it comes to pop music. Really. We're talking about a country that practically orgasmed in unison over Richard Marx. The Scorpions are worshipped. Nuno effin' Bettencourt performed in the country...OK, Nuno's pretty awesome though, but I'm just saying...Koreans fuckin' love Extreme. Then there was the summer I could not get away from Colin Blunstone's "Tiger in the Night." And like, I actually like that song, but it got used in EVERYTHING. That's more late 90s I suppose. But goddamn. That's another thing. Some songs just get used to death. I'm just saying, you know how they have those weird Japan-only releases of CDs? Because it's shit that only sells in Europe and Asia, man. Yea.

London Boys "Harlem Desire"? Fuck yes.


Oh, this was my favorite. And also a corollary to the Koreans love cheesy pop music. They also SUPER love power ballads by metal bands. Every dramatically poignant moment got treated to this Stratovarius pleasure. There used to be this chocolate chip cookie ad on TV and it was like a Romeo and Juliet themed thing. Like the girl was dressed up like Olivia Hussey in Romeo and Juliet (Topic for next time...actors/actresses that Koreans fixate on and my childhood in the 90s. Possible topics of discussion. Olivia Hussey, Sophie Marceau...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home