Saturday, September 26, 2009

No roof party =(

Probable bad weather has put a hold on that party. Though honestly, it's probably for the best. I've got folks to see at a brunch thing to go to on Sunday, so this back to back business might not have been the best idea.

I might just sleep in tomorrow, but I realized something today. It's been a while since I've done the "lie wrapped up in a blanket and watch Zatoichi" Saturday ritual. Back, waaaaay back, in my first apartment in the city (I like to call it the House of Mouse, and I only put up with it as long as I did because of the washer/dryer in the kitchen), I'd wake up on Saturdays just in time to catch Zatoichi on IFC. Considering how chilly it's going to be tomorrow, I'm contemplating doing just that. maybe make some hot chocolate. Zatoichi won't be on IFC, but I did buy a box set of them a little while back that I never got around to watching.

Unless I can think of something to do last minute. I don't know if that motivated to figure out a way to spend money. I really need to do some clothes shopping, but I'm trying to be good and wait for the next pay period. I did give in and bought myself a faux fur hat from H&M. It was only $12.95. It's basically a wannabe ushanka. I'll probably get a real one one of these days.

Lately I've been tempted to take out my Holga and roam the city, though I'd have to buy some more film, so there's that...

I've still got five days of vacation days left. The travel itch is coming back. I'd like to go back to London or Dublin, or places new like Amsterdam maybe? I don't see how I can make any of that happen though. I'd be happy just to go back up Toronto or maybe try out Montreal this time. If not, I guess I'll just swing down to Philly or D.C. again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home