Thursday, October 08, 2009

The case of the returning cold

I had a cold last week. Stayed home two days in a row. Felt a lot better, in fact, felt pretty fantastic this weekend up until Monday, until I started feeling crappy again yesterday. So guess what happened when I woke up today? It was pretty bad. I got worried I caught swine flu and even bought a little thermometer to measure my temp. Luckily, no fever. I also figured if it really was the flu I'd be feeling a whole lot worse than this.

I'm going to have to go in to work tomorrow. This can't continue.

It's getting cooler so now I've got some soups, stews and baking projects in mind. I still didn't get to make cinnamon rolls after the success of pecan sticky buns, however, I'm also going to make some baklava. And while on the topic of foods using phyllo dough, I might also make some spanikopita. And to fit with the winteriness, maybe a spice cake? I don't know. I'm thinking about baking folks cookies for Christmas again. I've missed out on doing that. I need to use up all the herbs and spices in my cupboard for something.

I wish this cold would go away though. I'm still a snotty, coughing, tired mess and I can't make or bake foods like this. I can't finish it all, so I end up sharing and I can't share food I've made while I was sick in good conscience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home