Friday, November 20, 2009

'Macho Man' Randy Savage

Pro wrestling to me is still frozen in late 80s-mid 90s. I can name and recognize some wrestlers of today, but I definitely don't watch and keep track of the storylines like I used to. Growing up in Korea during that time, pro wrestling was BIG with my age group. I remember when we'd play WWF on an abandoned mattress somebody threw out. WWF to me is still Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Yokozuna, Bret Hart, The Undertaker (back in the day), Ric Flair, Rowdy Roddy Piper, hell, the Bushwhackers, and so on and so forth.

And, of course... "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

Because of this standstill in time in regards to wrestling, I find myself inordinately in love with any impersonation of "Macho Man" Randy Savage. I giggle and clap my hands as if I was a baby and you just jiggled some keys in front of me. You have to understand, this is someone who'll still wind up their arm and pull Hulk Hogan's "I can't hear you" hand to the ear move when occasion calls for it. "Wait, what occasion calls for it?" I hear you asking. Pretty much any goddamn time I feel like it is the answer.

It's also one of those impressions I have a hard time pulling off because of the fact that I have ovaries and no Adam's Apple, so if anybody does an even passable impression, I am all over that. Like if someone can do a good Tom Carvel impression. Yea, I almost peed myself when a friend of mine did his and I probably bugged him for a repeat performance almost every five minutes.

So I honestly am annoyed with all of these "let's just play videos that people can find on Youtube, except this was like from 2 years ago" type of shows that keep popping up. Especially when they have cutesie names like "Tosh.0"...yea, well one night I was flipping through the channels and managed to come across this:

Tosh.0Thursdays at 10pm / 9c
"Macho Man" Randy Savage
www.comedycentral.com
Web Redemption2 Girls, 1 Cup ReactionDemi Moore Picture


I still hate this show, but I give it a pass because besides this video, they put out a challenge for others to make their own videos, which spawned this winner:



...you win this time lame TV show...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home