Saturday, January 02, 2010

New Year's....resolutions?

I don't really do resolutions, mainly because I don't know if I believe in the whole "Oh, I'm going to lose weight/quit smoking/become more organized" style of trying to make some change. You always end up breaking it because if this was something you were really set on doing, you would've set yourself to do it regardless of it being a new year or not.

However, nonetheless there are things I would like to do that I am going to get done or at least started on in the coming three months, because I can't do this year shit. That's just giving me 12 months to push crap further down. If I'm not getting started on it, now, I'm never going to. I don't know what else is behind the urgency. I guess because I feel like I say I want to do a lot, but don't actually do much about it. Though maybe that's the human condition? It also could be that watching Harold and Maude over the holidays has affected me way more profoundly than I'd like to admit.

1. Learn a new language. I always said that by the time I die it'd be nice to speak at least 5 languages. Well, I'm looking towards 30 looming on the horizon in the next couple of years, and I still only speak two languages fluently. SO, in the next three months I will be looking at and signing up for language classes.

2. Take belly dancing classes. "What?" Yea, I know, but seriously, I've been talking about doing this for years. I mean, honestly, just why not?

3. Draw. This isn't a skill that increases just by sitting on your hands. You have to keep doing it. I mean, I know I say crap about art school and all that, and that'd be awesome, sure, but I've still got a couple of years left paying off the student loans I have now, and I honestl don't know if I can sink myself any more in debt unless something drastic happens, so that's more on the back burner now as a what if.

So, let's check back in around March and see how these things are going along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home