Thursday, January 07, 2010

Resolution checkpoint

I'm supposed to go to Odessa tonight with friends for pierogies, so there goes my diet for today.

Besides that, I signed up for classes! I actually had my first class yesterday. I went in to do an evaluation interview the week before since the description for the 101 class was a little vague. I mean, I'm not trying to brag, but I just mean I'd studied Japanese before, and while I am no where near fluent, at the same time I already know hiragana and katakana from back in the day, and I really didn't need to pay 200 bucks to relearn how to say "Hi, I am _______. Nice to meet you."/"Good morning/good afternoon/good night" and so on and so forth.

So after a real awkward interview, I was informed I didn't need to take a 101 class, but if I didn't want to wait until February to start with the 103, I could join in now in the middle of a 102 class and transition into the 103. I thought this sounded like a good idea, since just jumping leaps and bounds to 103 sounded a bit iffy when I'd been so out of practice for so long. Doing the last couple of 102 classes as warm up seemed smart. I just don't know how I'm going to survive 10 am classes on a Saturday morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home